First of all, I get a lot from Amazon, and I highly recommend getting a Prime membership.
This is a list of THM special and non special ingredient items that I like to buy from Amazon and why.
Please Note: Prices are subject to change. The prices listed are what I purchased the item for or what the price was when I looked it up. I listed them to help give you a general idea of why I typically choose Amazon for these items.
Amazon THM Shopping List
- Pure Vanilla extract, 4 oz $7.45
- NOW Foods Erythritol, 2.5-Pound $12.23
- I also buy this at Natural Grocers, a local health food store, full price is usually around $14.00.
- Garden of Health Products Kosher Birch Xylitol (Not from Corn), 5 lb $24.98
- Or I buy the NOW foods brand of this at Natural Grocers where it is usually about $12 for 2.5 lbs.
- Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate 5lb $65.99 ($13.20 per lb)
- THM’s 3 lb Vanilla Whey is $49.99, which comes out to about $16.67 per lb.
- This is the best whey that I have found as far as ingredients and taste, and the ingredients for this vanilla whey are: Whey Protein Isolate, Natural Vanilla flavor, Sunflower Lecithin, Stevia Reb A
- Hormone Free Chocolate Whey Protein Isolate, 2 lbs $33.99 ($17 per lb) or 5 lbs $65.99 ($13.20 per lb)
- THM’s chocolate whey is $21.99 per lb
- The ingredients for this chocolate whey are: Whey Protein Isolate, Natural Chocolate flavor, Cocoa Powder, Sunflower Lecithin, Stevia Reb A
- Sherpa Pink Himalayan Salt, 2lbs Extra-Fine Grain $8.99
- I found this to be a better deal than THM’s 12 oz for $4.99
- Bob’s Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal, 32-ounce (Pack of 4) (Package May Vary) $24.36
- This lasts a long time in the freezer. Make sure you are buying Golden Flaxseed MEAL, or you will have to grind the seeds yourself.
- Roasted All Natural Peanut Flour, 32 oz $12.05
- This price is a bit better than THM’s which is $6.99 for 16 oz.
- Nunaturals Oat Fiber, 5 Pound $24.29 ($4.86 per lb)
- This comes out a bit cheaper than THM’s, $5.99 per lb.
- However, if you want certified gluten free get THM.
- Prince Of Peace Oolong Tea-100 Tea Bags $6.49 or pack of 2 $12.82
- THM’s oolong tea is 100 bags for $12.99.
- MCT Oil (32 fl oz) $19.20
- THM’s is $19.99. I usually get THM’s MCT Oil if I am making a big order, but otherwise I find the best deal on Amazon to skip the shipping.
- If you buy THM’s, then this syrup pump is awesome to have. You just need to snip a little off the straw, and it fits perfectly.
- Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa, 23-Ounces $10.99
- Baobab powder 4 lbs $67.99 ($1.06/oz), 2 lbs $36.49 ($1.14/oz)
- THM’s is $13.99 for 11 oz ($1.27/lb).
- I bought the 4 lbs because I love the lemon poppy-seed muffins in THT that call for about 1/4 cup of this, and my mom wanted a bag too.
- If you only want one bag then go with THM.
- NOW Foods Psyllium Husks Whole, 1 lb (pack of two) $17.65
- THM’s is $12.99 for 1 lb.
- PUR Gum, 6 Flavors, 55 pieces each $20.26
- Missing gum? This is a great xylitol sweetened choice.
- Pure Matcha Green Tea Powder, 16 oz $15.99
- Trim Healthy Mama’s Trim Healthy Table $20.86
- TrimHealthyMama.com does not sell this book yet.
Ok, so now you’re probably wondering what I actually buy from Trim Healthy Mama. Well, I will make a list, and I’ll let you know in my next blog post.
If at all possible, I recommend you get a budget going for special ingredients. I like to save up and make a big order all at once from TrimHealthyMama.com so that I only have to pay shipping once. (I probably make an order from them 2-4 times a year.) The awesome thing about Amazon Prime is that I don’t have to worry about shipping. As a result I make Amazon orders whenever I have the need. Remember to price check!
For more info on special ingredients check out THM Must Haves.
Starting the Plan
If you are just looking into starting this plan but you are overwhelmed by which book(s) to buy, I would recommend buying the Trim Healthy Table Cookbook first. My reasons are that there are a few chapters in the beginning that are a quick start guide basically. Also, a large amount of the recipes do not require any special ingredients. I have posted some reviews of the recipes I have tried from this book that you can check out for more incentive to purchase.
Once you get the general idea (or you have read this and still don’t quite get it) then purchase the Trim Healthy Mama Plan Book. This book goes more in depth about the WHY of the plan, and it explains the foods more. It even has some meal plans, and gets down to the numbers (if your into that sort of thing).
At this time if you want more recipes get the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook. There are many wonderful recipes in this cookbook including MIMs, muffin in a mug.
If you want even MORE then you can buy the original Trim Healthy Mama book. (I don’t have this book) My mother has this, and she occasionally uses recipes from here. I have heard that it is very unorganized, some what confusing, and it is pretty huge. I’m gonna say this book isn’t really necessary so don’t worry about it unless you have the plan DOWN and are hungry for more information.