Jury Duty

This week, 10/9-10/13, I have had jury duty. I am supposed to call in each night after 5:30 to see if I need to go in the next day.

Thursday night Scott wanted to watch a movie with me. It was late, but I said yes because JD didn’t have school Friday so I thought I could sleep in. I also wanted to get some more done on this beast.crochet blanket

After the movie ended, as I was getting ready for bed, I remembered that I needed to call in.

So I made the call praying that my group number wouldn’t be on the list for Friday. Of course it was. I needed to be there, about a 30 minute drive away, by 8:15 am, and I stayed up way too late!


I woke up at 6:45 am.

First thing, I tested my blood (because I have to do that now). It was high which was a bit disappointing. Then I got dressed and ate breakfast. It was an S, two pieces of sausage, a cookie bar thing from Trim Healthy Table, and vanilla chai tea with cream. I grabbed a few snacks and headed to court.

When I got to the courthouse the first juror parking lot was full, I couldn’t find the second one, and so I ended up in the third (overflow) lot. This one is probably at least three blocks from the courthouse.

Metal Detector

It was 8:16 am when I finally got parked. I walked/ ran as fast as I could to the courthouse. After you go through the doors you have to go through metal detectors so I threw my stuff in the bin and walked through. I had a crochet project in my bag so they sent me back to my car. You can’t have crochet hooks in the courthouse even if you are on the jury. (Maybe if it’s plastic or wood…. hmm I don’t know?)

So I walked/ ran back to my car. At that point I was kind of dizzy from the running (and cold), but I made it there and back.

I went through the scanner again. No problems this time. I grabbed my stuff and asked a police officer where I was supposed to go. He said he didn’t know, and I burst into uncontrollable tears. Then he says man you really don’t want jury duty. I would have laughed if I could have stopped crying.

I figured out where to go while apologizing and trying to stop crying. Moral of the story is don’t make the pregnant lady run… Stupid hormones.

I Arrived

I finally got in the jury room at about 8:30. Someone was explaining everything to everyone so I quietly slipped into a chair. It was time to test my blood again.

Since I didn’t have my project to work on anymore, I ended up sitting in that room with nothing to do for over an hour and a half. Finally, someone came in to tell us that the trial we were there for had been moved to a different day, and we were free to leave.

I don’t know whether I should be relieved or upset that I went through all that for nothing? Oh well, it’s over, moving on.

Have you had jury duty? Was it about the same? Let me know in the comments.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *